Saturday, August 26, 2017

ENCORE ... Fired by Robsessed

Finally, we have Fired from ForeverRobsessed.

 

FIRED
By: ForeverRobsessed


SUMMARY: The first time he saw her, in the midst of solving his first case, she took his breath away. The first time she met him, he turned her world upside down. Let’s see where they go from here.

“Why don't you handle this?”

My head swiveled to meet his gaze so fast, I feared for the tendons in my neck. “What?”

Tyler smirked. “Relax. I was just talking about the assistant. The way Miss Stanley cowered in her shoes, this assistant is also bound to make a fuss. I'll deal with Marcus, but this will be good practice for you. Show me what you've got, Detective Masen.”

I smiled back. “Alright.”

A minute passed as I tried to plan my strategy, settling on appearing confident and unyielding at the outset. I already had a bad feeling about Volturi. From what little I knew, he seemed like one of those men who were nothing but arrogant and entitled little brats trapped in an adult body. If he had anything to do with our case, I would move heaven and earth to bring him down.

Once again, Tyler pulled me out of my thoughts by tapping my arm. He inclined his head toward the glass doors that made up the entire wall opposite to us, seeming to lead into the gardens.

What caught my attention was the woman who had just pushed the door open.

Chocolate-brown tresses tied into a knot, a few strands curling delicately around her heart shaped face.

Lush lips painted crimson, one corner twisting into a frown, while she adjusted the thin-rimmed glasses adorning her nose.
Pale, unblemished skin that seemed almost iridescent as the sunlight streamed into the room through the glass behind her.
And finally . . . a slender body clad in a red silk blouse, paired with a black pencil skirt that teasingly hinted at the tantalizing curves it covered.
As she neared us, all I could do was stand there, mesmerized, my mind going blank, except for one thought all my neurons seemed to focus on.
How the fuck was I supposed to form words, let alone get into an argument with the most beautiful woman I’d seen in my entire life? 




Story will be posting on August 29th!

Kayla Cullen on FB


__________


3 comments:

Comments ...