Saturday, August 26, 2017

Encore ... Accursed by FallingInLoveIn December

Next, we have Accursed by FallingInLoveIn December

Accursed

By FallingInLoveIn December




Attic
The words blew past me, almost like a whisper.  There it was again.  I couldn’t deny that I was scared, but the compelling need to find a way up overpowered me.  I reached up on my tip toes trying to figure out a way to reach the panel.  I was still a foot away, unable to reach my destination.  I would need a chair or stepladder to move the panel.
Attic
My arms broke out in goosebumps, the air in the room feeling significantly cooler than it had only moments ago.  As if I were on autopilot, I turned, walking out of the bedroom and back into the hall.  Looking up, I saw a panel that matched the ceiling, one that would have otherwise gone unnoticed if Just as I was about to drag the vanity chair from the master bedroom to stand on, a commotion came from outside, interrupting my intentions.  
“Help me!”
Something was compelling me to search the attic.  This time, curiosity left, and fear crept in.  I wouldn’t be exploring the dark attic tonight.  My eyes glanced around uneasily. I curled into myself, feeling a bit foolish- acting like a child who was fearful of the dark.  
“Isabel…”  The wind whispered, branches scraping against the window.
My eyes were tightly shut when I heard the soft voice this time,
Attic ...
something mysterious hadn’t pulled me to it.  
Attic. 


What would I find?  What was urging me to try?


Fic will begin posting on Sept 10th
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5723840/FallingInLoveInDecember

 

2 comments:

Comments ...