Saturday, August 26, 2017

ENCORE ... Evil Deceit by AmethystGold

 

This time around we are featuring three new fics from seasoned writers! 

 

 

First, we have Evil Deceit from AmethystGold

 

Evil Deceit Teaser
By AmethystGold




We all need that really good friend who doesn’t hesitate to tell us when we’ve messed up, but then will help us figure out how to make things better. Fortunately, in Chapter 2 we find out that Bella has Rose.


BPOV

Esme has set a strict timeline that Bella has no reason to doubt. She needs to start thinking clearly and begin dealing with the situation wisely instead of simply being led by her insecurities. Quickly climbing out of bed, she pulls on her robe and walks purposefully down to the kitchen. After brewing a strong cup of coffee, she grabs her phone and sits down at the kitchen island to call Rose.

“God damn Angela!” Bella spews while thinking about Rose. “Bitch made me think I had a friend, so I didn’t reach out to Rose.” She lets out a deep breath while rubbing her forehead. “Yeah, she’s a bitch, but I’m the fool. I should have called Rose to talk this all through in the first place. She would have kicked my ass for not confronting Edward right away, and I wouldn’t be in this mess. I’m such a fucking idiot.”

She takes a sip of her coffee and then calls Rose’s number. The phone only rings a couple of times before Rose’s voice is in her ear like a lifeline.
“Hi Bells! How are you, doll?” she says, happiness in her voice. Bella can’t help but smile at the warmth she feels just hearing her voice.
“Hi, Rose. Where are you? I hope I didn’t wake you at some ungodly hour.”
“No, not at all. I’m in Milan. I was here for fashion week and decided to take a few weeks off after that. It’s a bit after five in the afternoon here. It’s morning in Seattle, right?”

“Yeah, just past eight. I’m really glad I could reach you. Are you able to talk?”

“Sure, honey. I just got back from getting some groceries, I’m all ears. What’s up?”

“I’ve messed up, Rose. I’ve messed up big time,” Bella confesses, her voice breaking as she fights back the tears.

Through tears and hiccups, she’s able to get the story out. She explains how Esme and Angela planned and schemed to make her believe that Edward had been having an affair. She tells how Esme arranged for Angela to befriend her and how Angela encouraged her to take out her feelings by seeking revenge sex. Then she confesses the epitome of her foolishness, telling Rose how she asked that the whole thing be recorded. Finally, she reveals Esme’s desire to have her gone from Edward’s life and her threat to tell Edward, even going so far as to release the video.

Rose listens to the whole story, frequently interjecting with variations of “That bitch!”, “No fucking way!”, “Well shit,” and “Oh, sweetie.”

“I don’t know what to do, Rose,” Bella says, finishing the story. “I’ve been such an idiot, and now I’m going to lose Edward. I don’t see how there can be any other outcome. I’ve destroyed the best thing in my life, Rose,” she says, sniffling loudly.

“Well, you were a colossal fool, Bella. I’m not going to pussyfoot around it and say anything differently just to make you feel better,” Rose remarks in her no-nonsense tone. “In fact, once we get past this – because we will, trust me – you should spend some time with shrink unpacking that a bit.”

“The video they had was very convincing. It looked like him and they used his voice! I had no reason to believe that it wasn’t Edward fucking that bitch in the video, Rose!” she says defensively.

“Calm down, Bells, I’m on your side, remember?” Rose says in a conciliatory tone. “I’m not saying you were wrong to believe the video; they clearly went to great lengths to make that appear authentic. I am wondering why the hell you didn’t go rip Edward a new one as soon as you saw it?”


This is the link to the original one shot:

The continuation of this fic as well as the teaser above will begin posting 9/3.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo...I remeber this from one of the contests. I was hoping it would get continued. I am hoping Esme gets a good douse of karma/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go check out the one-shot! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments ...