Wednesday, August 9, 2017

ENCORE ... New fic from a seasoned writer

Today we have a new fic from a writer who came on the scene like a ray of sunshine and soon became a regular in our inboxes;

Lizzie Lee 
HighlanderPrincess Related image

Her new fic sort of terrifies me, since I'm a wimp about anything scary!  

Without further adieu, I give you ...

Scream Queen

Summary: After working on a horror film with hotshot director, Edward Cullen, Bella has finally had her big breakthrough as an actress in Hollywood. Unfortunately, the fame has introduced a dangerous man into her life. A man who watches her every move. Will her former director and ex-lover be able to save her or will the dark side of fame consume them both? 





I’ve always wanted to be an actress, even dreamt about it as a little girl, but now that I finally have it, I find that it’s nothing like I’d thought it would be. It’s caused me to become completely manic. It’s the fame I can’t seem to handle. I feel so exposed and on display every single day of my life. It hasn’t even been six months since the movie came out and I already feel like there’s nothing in my life that’s my own. Maybe I’m just acting like an angsty teen, and as so many people have kindly pointed out, I could always act more grateful. I’m not trying to be a spoiled bitch, it’s just that I’ve dreamt of being an actress, not a sideshow freak.



I feel as though I’m barely famous, yet I already have a crazed fan that can’t seem to focus his energies on anything other than me. At first, I was flattered, never being one to receive fan mail from anyone, I’m more used to dealing with creepy sexual comments on my Instagram, but nothing praising my work. However, that feeling of importance morphed into paranoia as his letters continued to pour in. The details became disgusting, yet the handwriting of the letters was so eloquent that it looked as if he’d invested a lot of time writing to me. That thought freaks me out most of all. I couldn’t imagine this strange man sitting down and writing me a sexually charged letter, describing his sick voyeuristic intentions, in beautiful cursive.

I push those unpleasant thoughts from my mind, realizing that a dreary parking garage in the late hours of the night, isn’t the best place to reminisce on my creepy stalker situation. As I continue to walk toward my car parked in the furthest corner on the third level of the garage, I can’t ignore the uneasy feeling that overcomes me. Something wrong, I can feel it in the pit of my stomach as I trudge through the garage. It feels like I’m slowly ascending the hill of a roller coaster, my stomach dropping with fear, as I wait for the fall to come. Careful to make as little sound as possible, I reach into my small purse and pull out my key ring. I hold it in my palm and allow my keys to slide through my fingers, until I’m resembling Wolverine. Thank you, Oprah for that entire self-defense segment you did on your show. 

I charge toward my Civic with my key tightly in hand. If anyone’s here, I’m not giving them the chance to grab me. I wait until the very last second to unlock my car, not wanting whoever I’m sensing to jump into the passenger seat beside me. As soon as the car is unlocked, I reach for the door, taking a deep breath before I swing it open. You did it, Swan. See, there was nothing for you to worry about. As soon as that thought is finished, I feel something wrap around my ankle and yank me to the wet, concrete garage floor. My head smacks against the concrete with a thud, and the iron taste of blood fills my mouth as I gasp for air. My head is spinning and my eyes are unable to focus due to the impact. I see stars, and watch them twinkle and explode in front of my eyes as I stare up at the fluorescent light ceiling of the parking garage.
Move, Swan! You’ve got to move if you want to live!
My gaze falls to my feet, and I find a set of piercing blue eyes staring back at me. They look so twisted and familiar, and they’re so handsome I’m stunned for a second before I pull my free leg back and kick him in the throat. I want to smile as I hear him choke and gasp for air, but I’m too focused on getting as far away from this man as possible. I don’t make it far while he’s distracted. I’m distracted too, I need to get the hell out of here or I’ll be plastered on every magazine with headlines that read, ‘Hollywood’s New Scream Queen Found Dead.’ I turn away from my attacker, just for a moment, while I reach for the keys that I dropped on the floor in the scuffle.

They’re so close, taunting me from just a few inches away from my reach. My fingers walk across the concrete, moving closer and closer before I’m stretching my middle finger as far as I can manage to touch the key ring. As soon as I feel the familiar silver ring, I smile, happy for a single moment as I drag the object toward me. It is then that the back of my ankle feels like it’s being punched. It’s a strange feeling, and I grow horrified as I realize I can’t move my foot. I feel something wet trickling down my foot and glance down, my eyes bug out as soon as I realize the wet feeling is my blood. I’ve been stabbed! My body doesn’t feel the pain right away, but as soon as I see the gushing blood, the white-hot, blinding pain shoots through my body. I cry out, hoping that someone will hear me, although at this time of night it’s just wishful thinking.

As my body burns with pain and anger, I know what I must do. If I’m going to make it out of here alive, I know I’ll have to overpower him. Holding the sharpest key between my fingers, I swing my hand forward and my fist makes contact with his cheek. I want to vomit as I feel his skin break with a pop and I watch my key disappear inside of his cheek. As he cries out in agony, the knee of my uninjured leg comes up and slams against his groin, catching him even more off-guard, allowing me to flip so I’m on top of him.
I pull my key out of his cheek and throw it inside of my car before using all my strength to pull myself into the driver’s seat. I hear him moaning on the ground, crying out for me to save him. My entire body is shaking with fear and it isn’t until I slam the door of my car and lock it, that I realize I’m fucking crying. From my safe spot in my car, I look down at him through my car window, seeing he’s crawling away from my car and picks up his discarded shank. I quickly put my keys into the ignition, relief floods over me and I smile mirthlessly as my car roars to life.

“I’m so sorry, beautiful!” He shouts, with an eerie look of innocence on his face. “Please, let me make it up to you.” 

Luckily, there isn’t a single car on the road for me to crash into. I don’t bother giving my attacker another look as I race down the empty street as fast as my Civic can go. I fly through traffic lights as tears fall down my face as I sob out of pain, frustration, and fear. I barely register where I’m going until I get there.

“Please, Edward,” I beg, although I can’t understand what I’m trying to communicate.

“Bella, everything’s alright,” he assures me, as he wraps one arm around my shoulder and slides one beneath my knees.

“Edward, I think he fou—“ I trail off before everything goes black. 

Whew ... coming out of hiding now ... but wow.

Check out Lizzie's FF Profile   

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/8500139/highlanderprincess

Scream Queen will begin posting in about 2 weeks.

10 comments:

Comments ...