Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fran's Pick ... Stolen Heart By: aspire2write


Fics for you!



Captain Edward Cullen was serving his country. He had a plan - lead his team of Green Beret soldiers on a mission to stop a terrorist, finish his tour, and decide what was next: leave the Army or sign up for more. The new doctor on base wasn't part of the plan. Romance wasn't anywhere on his radar, but she may just steal his heart. Expansion of one-shot: Christmas Magic.

It had been hours since the sky darkened, but the activity on the dusty street had increased in the last thirty minutes. I'd watched four different men pass by, hurrying into the adjacent building from where we were camped out. Each arrived separately, scurrying by with their head down, only looking around seconds before darting into the doorway undetected. At least they thought they were undetected. My team had been here for the last twenty-two hours waiting for this moment.

The intelligence group had intercepted communication last week while monitoring local radio chatter indicating Jamil Amari would be in attendance tonight. Amari was the leader of a large terror cell operating out of Iraq, and we'd been trying to capture him for two years. Once the chatter was confirmed, my team was brought in, Alpha Company of the 1st Battalion, Army Special Forces.

This particular apartment building had been hit by an IED less than ten months ago. The explosion killed six and leveled a good portion of the building. With no money to repair the structure, it lay dormant. Until tonight. This is what we trained for, why we were considered the elite.

Just as we were about to leave the square, gunfire erupted behind us.

"Take cover!" I yelled at my team.

Suddenly, a searing pain erupted in my right arm as a bullet hit me. In a split second, the team returned fire. I pushed myself up from where I'd fallen and grabbed my gun, holding it in my left hand.

"Come on; we have to go." Jasper pulled me up and pushed me into a run. I pushed the pain from my mind. I'd deal with that when I had time, and now was definitely not the right time.

"Captain, look at me," Newton said as he knelt in front of me, pulling his bag from his back. From his pack he pulled bandages, iodine, a small suture kit, and other things I couldn't name.

"I'm fine," I gritted through clenched teeth. It was painful, but I'd live. The bullet had gone straight through and looked as if only stitches would be needed.

"I'm going to do my best to stop the bleeding, and then we can get back on the move." He tore the sleeve from my shirt, wrapped my arm with gauze, and then used the sleeve to tie off my arm. I groaned at the pressure but continued to breathe through it. "Look at me. Follow my finger." I rolled my eyes, shoved his hand out of my face, and stood.

"Let's move out," I commanded.

"I'm fine," I said as I held up a hand to try to ward them off.

"I'll be the judge of that, Captain Cullen," a soft, alto voice answered.

Click here to read Stolen Heart.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12853489/1/Stolen-Heart

1 comment:

  1. I really appreiciate your post, this would really provide the great information .Thanks for sharing.
    Pay It Forward Network
    Short Stories about Helping Others

    ReplyDelete

Comments ...